1. Haleem: It is a stew cooked with wheat, lentils and small pieces of meat. It is cooked slowly until a paste-like consistency is formed.
2. Hyderabadi Biryani: It has two versions. In Kachchi Biryani, raw meat is cooked with a layer of rice whereas, in Pakki Biryani, the meat is cooked before and then mixed with rice.
3. Mirchi Ka Salan: It is a curry made up of sesame seeds, coconut and peanut paste with chillies in it. It is usually served with Biryani.
4. Shikampuri Kebab: This Kebab is stuffed with green chillies, onions and hung yoghurt.
5. Patthar Ke Kabab: It originated in Hyderabad. Lamb muscle meat is marinated with spices and cooked over a stone of black granite. It is heated by a bead of hot charcoal underneath.
6. Gosht Pasinde: This dish is made up of meat, beans, potatoes and a lot of spices. It has a thick creamy texture.
7. Mutton Dalcha: Mutton is cooked with channa dal and a generous amount of tamarind and is served with rice. A vegetarian alternative of the same is made with pumpkin or bottle guard instead of the mutton and is called kaddu ka dalcha.
8. Baghara Baingan: It is a delicacy in which eggplant is stuffed with grounded peanut-coconut mixture and cooked in a creamy paste.
9. Khubani Ka Meetha: This famous Hyderabadi dessert is cooked with lemon juice, almond and sugar.
10. Sheer Khurma: It is a dessert of Persian origin. It is prepared by mixing vermicelli, dry fruits and sugar with milk and boiling it till it gets a thick consistency.
11. Shahi Tukda: As the name suggests, ‘shahi’ Tukda is a dessert of royal origin. It is made by cooking milk till it becomes thick and then adding small pieces of fried bread. It is seasoned with dry fruits.